As 2015 comes to an end and we look back on a year of fabulous adventures, and onto 2016 which will hopefully be filled with many more, I know you’re already thinking “oh no, not another New Year round up post!”. So okay, I may be doing a total cliche here but I figured that this year has been a pretty awesome one so I simply couldn’t resist. Plus, Mr Ayla is adamantly refusing to go on as many trips next year (oops my finger must have accidently slipped and hit enter to book those flights!!) so all I can do is look back on some of my favourite memories from this year.
Despite having a full time job I’ve managed to squeeze in plenty of adventures, from long haul relaxing holidays to short city breaks closer to home; trips with both family and friends; sightseeing holidays, hiking trips, beach breaks and everything in between. While we may not have anything planned for next year (yet) these are some of my favourite travel memories from 2015, and some of these places have very quickly worked their way to the top of my favourite ever destinations.
1. Sipping cocktails and driving vintage cars (not at the same time of course) in Havana, Cuba, one of the most vibrant and cultured cities I have ever visited
2. Staring in wonder at the gorgeous colourful views of the Cinque Terre, Italy, my favourite European destination so far!
3. Eating all the mouth-watering food that Italy has to offer. Like, seriously, ALL of the food.
4. Singing along to Irish bands in lively Dublin pubs
Read more: 48 Hours in Dublin
5. Spending the evening drinking wine and being merry with Henry VIII at the Medieval Banquet – one of the most entertaining nights we’ve ever had out in London.
6. Reminiscing with family in Gibraltar, one of my favourite places in the whole world, for my mum’s birthday. As you can see, she thoroughly enjoyed the celebrations!
Read more: Reminiscing in Gibraltar
7. Watching the stunning sunset during a romantic dinner on a quiet secluded beach in Cornwall
8. Visiting the Harry Potter Studio Tour for the second (okay it was totally the third) time and getting grandad to fly us all to Hogwarts
9. Wandering through the colourful vibrant souks of Marrakech, bartering with the locals over Moroccan trinkets and finding a chameleon climbing up my dress (yes, of course I wanted to take him home)!
Read More: Mythical Marrakech
10. Enjoying woodland walks, country pubs and rustic cottages on a short winter getaway in the New Forest
Keep an eye on the blog for more about Le Havre soon!
What were your favourite moments of 2015? Let me know in the comments below or at: