We’re already half way through 2014 and, even though it’s whizzing by so fast it’ll be Christmas again soon, I can’t really complain as I’ve had a fantastic year so far. 2014 started out in one of the most memorable ways – seeing in the New Year with celebrations on the beach in Kerala during our travels around the crazy but beautiful India. More travels in Belgium, Edinburgh and South America followed, as well as lots of fun adventures in London. I’ve been thrilled to have won a couple of awards including Low Cost Holiday’s Best Female Blogger Award 2014 and a Liebster Award.
To top it all off, I’ve also now been nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award so I’m really feeling the love from you all and I’m hoping the rest of 2014 will bring just as much happiness and excitement 🙂
So, what’s this award all about? The Versatile Blogger Award is given from bloggers to other bloggers who they consider to have good quality writing, good photography, and unique posts. In other words, bloggers who are versatile and have lots of interesting and fun things to talk about! The rules of the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Include a link to their blog
- Share 7 random things about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers who you think deserve the award
The lovely Upasna of Life on My Plate nominated me – thank you Upasna! She has the yummiest blog so go check it out but I guarantee it will make you hungry!
My random facts: Here are a few random bits of me which I’m sure you’ll find incredibly useful 😉
1. My first name on my birth certificate is actually Amie. Now I bet I’ve confused you! Don’t worry you haven’t been calling me the wrong name, my name is now Ayla, legally changed by my mum when I was a year old (poor little me must have been so confused) because there were too many Amie/Amy/Aimee’s the same age as me. What can I say, my mum likes to be different!
2. Alex and I were the youngest people our registrar had ever married in Gibraltar at 20 and 21 years old.
3. I’m allergic to all nuts but weirdly I can eat smooth peanut butter, but not crunchy, and can eat peanut M&M’s but can’t go in the M&M shop as just being in there for a few minutes will give me a reaction!
4. I started dancing when I was 3 years old. Len Goodman (from Strictly Come Dancing) was my dance teacher for 10 years and I have performed in a show in the West End.
5. I absolutely love tea but I can’t drink it because it gives me a headache *cries in the corner* 😦
6. I have an African Pygmy hedgehog who is the sweetest (and also grumpiest) little thing ever.
7. I have so many books at home (and can’t seem to stop buying more) that I had to turn the spare room into my little library. Family and friends come over to browse the shelves and borrow books. Maybe I should have been a book blogger!
So, now that I’ve brightened your day with all these very useful pieces of information about myself, here are my nominations, and hopefully their random facts about themselves will brighten your day too 🙂
If any of my nominations have already received a Versatile Blogger Award, well then you’re just double the greatness! 🙂
14 thoughts on “The Versatile Blogger Award”
Thanks so much for the nomination Ayla, love those answers! And that photo of you both is just awesome. Will get onto my own answers ASAP!
Thanks Mike – looking forward to reading your answers 🙂
P.S your hedgehog is so cute!!
She is super cute. Grumpy but cute!
Hi Ayla!! Thank you soooo very much!! We have been nominated previously for this award and these were our random 7 facts: http://wisemonkeysabroad.com/2013/08/11/acknowledging-awesome-blogs-an-award-or-a-chain-letter/
Seems like we have a bit in common. Our #7s are very similar 🙂 & are you slightly older than Alex? Le is older than David by 9 months 🙂
P.S We would like to have a Hedgehog just like yours. He is soooo cute!
Ooh well you’re double the greatness then! Noooo I’m a year younger than Alex thank you very much! 😉 Although he does look like a child there haha!
BTW – Congrats on the Best Female Blogger Award 🙂 Go you!!!
Thank you! Was very honoured 🙂
I really want to know more about this West End show and having Len Goodman as a teacher! Also, can I pretty please visit your hedgehog and library? 🙂
Len was the BEST teacher ever! You’ll have to come visit – I’m going to have to start giving out library cards or something 😉
Wow!! I’ve just read this – can’t believe I spent so much time chatting to you and didn’t learn about the hedgehog, the west end show, the peanut allergy?! Love these quirky answers and thanks so much for the nomination 🙂
Clearly we had too much other stuff to talk about! No worries, we have plenty of time for more catch ups 🙂
Thanks for the nomination, Ayla. 🙂 I especially love 1,2 & 4! Onwards and upwards for an even better second half of 2014 for you. Well done on the nomination too. X
No problem lovely – looking forward to reading your random facts! 🙂