I’m sure most travellers will agree with me when I say that once you’ve caught the travel bug you can never really shake it off. The desire to travel just becomes a part of you; a part of who you are. It seems that even as I’m setting foot on new terrain and crossing another bucket list item off, something else pops up to add to the list, which makes it never-ending.
Although I would love to go everywhere and do everything, life always seems to get in the way, but these are the places and things that make the top of my rather long bucket list. I WILL do all of it one day!
- Explore Japan when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom. This has always been a big dream of mine so it comes right at the top of the list!
- See Moscow in the snow with a vodka to warm me up
- Meet the Mursi tribe in Ethiopia
- Walk through the canyons and up to the monastery at Petra, Jordan
- Mauritius – my dream honeymoon destination but we decided on a round the world trip instead! Hopefully Mr Ayla will take me for an anniversary one year (wishful thinking)!
- Go back to Africa to do more volunteer work
- See the Northern Lights
- I know very basic Swahili but would like to learn a bit more of the language
- Stay in a little cottage in the Lake District
- Swim with dolphins in the wild
- Take the husband to Disneyworld Florida because, horror of all horrors, he’s never been
- Spend an evening in a traditional Irish pub (singing must be included!)
- Explore more of Eastern Europe
- Learn to play the piano
- Look out over the blue and white rooftops to the bright blue sea in Santorini
- Swim with sea turtles and sit next to sea lions on the beaches of the Galapagos Islands
- Visit the pandas in China or, if I can’t get there, Edinburgh Zoo will suffice!
- Visit Kathmandu in Nepal and do a base climb
- Visit Chernobyl – people seem to think I’m strange for wanting to go to an eerie ghost town!
- Go on a road trip around the UK
- Explore Lesotho – I had to cancel a trip here at the end of 4 months in Africa as I became unwell so I’d like to re-plan this at some point
- See Angkor Wat at sunrise/sunset
- Scale a glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- Go pretty much anywhere Karl Pilkington has been purely to displace the theory that everywhere is utter rubbish
Oops, this list was only supposed to be my top things to do but it’s turned into a pretty long one and there are still plenty more I could add on top of all that! It’s always good to have dreams though 🙂